2 key things to look for in a Petite LBD
- Dress length
Don’t be deceived by pictures online about the length of the dress, remembering that most brands display clothing on a model that is 170cm+. On average, we petites need to trim off 10 cm off that dress and imagine where it would sit.
Will those regular length dresses sit at awkward length? Make sure the dress sits either above or below knee. Avoid hemlines that stop on the knee as this will shorten your legs.
Is it too short? You wouldn’t want to be tugging at the hemline all night during a black tie event!
Make your LBD work for you, can it be dressed up /down for more than 1 occasion?
This season we drew inspiration from Audrey Hepburn, a fashion and film icon in the 50’s and 60’s, known for her classic style, elegance and timelessness (see our feature picture above).
Meet Tiah in Night Sky, this Petite LBD is classic charm meets modern chic.
Tiah is made from a Jacquard fabric that is luxurious and smooth to the touch and features beautiful woven matt black floral on silky black background. It’s the perfect length for Petites measuring 88cm. Our model, shown above is 158cm tall and no alteration was needed!
This style suits most shapes as it cinches in the waistline whilst concealing our small tummies and hips with the tulip design of the skirt. Make a statement at your next black tie event or throw on a black jacket for a sharp office look.
- Small and Round tummies: The tulip shaped petite dress conceals well whist still providing an hour glass shape.
- Pear Shapes: Your hips will be stylishly concealed in Tiah, the open pleats in the skirt section adds shape whilst providing comfort with ease of movement. To provide balance and height add a pair of drop earrings.
- Heart Shapes: Your bust line will be balanced with the tulip shaped skirt, as this naturally creates an hourglass shape. Avoid wearing dresses that are tightly fitted from top to toe as this accentuates a broad upper torso.
- Petites: The most common trick of adding height to a petite is to colour block the outfit. Black instantly slims and the v-neck back adds height, glam and sass.
Wear it at:
- Cocktail / Black tie events
- Romantic dates
- Office – wear a jacket or cardigan to dress it down for a sharp office look