1. What personal and other information would we collect
The reference “personal information” in the policy has the same meaning as the Act. In broad terms, this means information that identifies you as an individual.
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Your name;
- Residential and/or mailing address;
- Email address;
- Date of birth;
- Telephone number;
- Proof of Identity – such as your driver’s license number or passport number;
From time to time, we may also collect other information, these include:
- Other personal attributes, such as your dress size, your height and body measurements.
- Your shopping preference, such as how and when you like to shop;
- Your communication preference, such as how you would like to receive communication of marketing materials and information;
- Device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to access our WIFI service or interact with us through our online store (www.simplykate.com.au). This information may include session cookies, your device IMEI number, IP address or MAC address.
2. How we collect your personal information
In most case, we will collect your personal information directly from you, either by way of email, post or verbal communication.
Other indirect means that we may collect your personal information include:
- Social media pages such as providing your name or contact details via our Facebook pages, or our Twitter or Instagram accounts or other social media sites or Apps;
- An enquiry or provide us with feedback through our online form or via email or other forms of communication, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response;
- Application for a job at Simply Kate, we will collect the information you include in your job application, including your and your referee’s contact details
3. What we use for personal information for
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- Better provide improved products and services by understanding and tailoring to your needs and circumstances;
- Process orders, transaction records, accounts, tax invoices or receipts
- Communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- Answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- Provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and manufacturers;
- Perform research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes.
- Provide general planning and administration tasks;
- Protect the security of our online store, staff, customers, suppliers and products (including theft and fraud prevention)
- Comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or
- Recruiting staff and contractors.
4. How we hold your information
We may hold your information in hard copy or electronic form.
If the information is held in hard copy form, the physical file will be kept at our trading office, and/or stored in archived in boxes and stored in secure offsite facilities
If the information is stored in electronic form, we retain this information in our computer systems and databases.
5. Security of your information
We take reasonable steps to protect and secure the information we collect from you. These measures included website protection measures, security restrictions on access to our computer systems, controlled access to our premises, and policies on document storage and security. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users on our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, please contact us.
6. What happens if you we are unable to collect your information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
- We may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all;
- We may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- We may be unable to better improve our products or services that we offer in the future; and
- Our communication to you may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect.
7. Disclosure of your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill our obligations to you. These personnel include, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, manufacturers and suppliers, and external business advisers (such as accountants and lawyers);
- Financial institutions and gateway providers for payment processing;
- Regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with the laws, and
- Referees whose details are provided to us by job applicants
8. Access or correct of your information
If you would like us to access, update or correct your personal information, please contact us.
We will ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is properly protected.
9. Any questions
If you have any questions at all, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).